With every day that passes, we’re getting closer and closer to the time of year when men all across the globe giving up shaving their upper lips in an attempt to raise money for charity – specifically the Movember charity.
For those based in Nottingham who are looking to raise more money, or if you’re looking for a way to raise some money without having to grow questionable facial hair, then you’re in luck as, for the fifth year running, Nottingham is set to hold their annual MoRun – and at Garment Printing, we’re here to help you out by providing printed running shirts for you!
What is the MoRun?
The MoRun is pretty much self-explanatory – it’s a fun, non-competitive run which is for both men and women of all ages and abilities. Whether you’re beginning, running as part of a family or a group, or if you’re a seasoned runner – everyone is welcome to come along to the event and take part.
To help, the event has two different distances, 5k and 10k, and entrants are encouraged to don a moustache-themed fancy dress to take part in the run. So, if you’re thinking about taking part, or if you’re planning on supporting those who are, then be prepared to see everyone from Hulk Hogan to Charlie Chaplin running around the streets of Nottingham this November.
What is the MoRun in aid of?
As I mentioned earlier in this article, the MoRun is designed to help raise money for the Movember foundation – a foundation that was set up the help improve men’s health. Movember is a charity organisation which raises funds and awareness of different cancers and mental health issues that effect the lives of millions of men each day.
These include prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues such as depression – something which the Movember foundation recently released a video for.
When is the MoRun:
The MoRun is held at Wollaton Park on Sunday, November 20th which means that MoBro’s have just over one month to begin grooming your moustaches, planning your outfit and also getting yourself ready and prepared for the big run. If you’re a ‘MoSista’, you can simple paint your moustache on the day and dress up as your favourite moustache-wielding superhero or celebrity.
How do you sign up?
It’s £18 to register for the 5k event and £22 if you’re thinking of signing yourself up for the 10k. If you want to sign up, simply head over to mo-running.com to pay your entry fee and get yourself signed up ready for the event.
To MoRun is one of a large number of different charity-themed running events that happen across the UK each year and each year, the number of participants in these events goes up and up as more and more people are looking to get in shape and live healthier, more active lifestyles – and raising money for those in need is the perfect motivation.
Speaking of motivation – if you’re thinking of getting healthy and raising money, but you’re struggling to find motivation – then why not listen to the words of the most popular motivator around – Mr Motivator!
Here’s his five-step advice of how to get yourself prepared to take part in a run:
- With every step you take, over 200 muscles come into play. This means that you should choose your goal well and then use the first two letters of goal and – GO for it!
- When running, it’s important to start slowly and build up at your own pace, don’t be in too much of a hurry, only Robinson Crusoe ever got things done by Friday. Trying to finish the race, enjoying it and earning extra funds by your effort are your aims so don’t push yourself too hard!
- I maintain that it is great to do something that is of benefit to you personally but will also help others. Taking part in an event for charity will provide you with so many rewards and benefits.
- Remember – the different between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra, so surprise yourself with how much you can do. Strive for excellence and ask yourself if what you are doing today will get you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. If the answer is yes, then go for it with gusto.
- The price of success is perseverance. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day and being successful at something can take a while but if you persevere and strive to be the best that you can be – you will get there.
In line with Movember, we recently wrote an article which focused on the top printed charity T-Shirt ideas for Movember. These T-Shirts all featured famous celebrity moustaches which you could wear just in case you didn’t want to go down the road of growing facial hair yourself. Another excellent idea is to design your own T-Shirts – perhaps coming up with a slogan or an image that you like to wear on the event.
Creating printed running shirts for yourself and for the group that you’re running with is an excellent way of encouraging more people to donate to you and to your chosen charity and it also encourages more people to support you while you’re running and they’re standing on the sidelines. It also severs as an excellent way of advertising the event, your team, or your company while you’re running. By including this information on the T-Shirts while you’re running you’re not only advertising to the people watching at the event, but you’re also showing yourself to be someone who cares and someone who is willing to do what it takes to help out those less fortunate.
So, if you’re thinking of taking part in Movember, why not do so with printed running shirts to help boost the popularity of your company and also of the charity that you’re running for.