Screen Printing T-Shirt Printing Process
Why choose Screen Printing?
- Highly Durable
- Great economy of scale – the more you print the cheaper the price
- Set up Charges exist
- Pantone matching
- No Minimum order (But very expensive on small quantities)
- Perfect for large quantity t-shirts runs, workwear, promotional clothing, bands, festivals, events, fashion…
Screen printing T-Shirts is an artform. It's a process which applies ink onto textile materials through a specially created silk mesh screen. Once done, the ink is then dried by using specialised heat machines to lock the ink into the fabric to ensure perfect results every time. Screen Printing requires specialist machinery, inks, silk mesh screens and a factory of skilled staff to print and produce your clothing to a high-quality standard.
Screen Printing takes multiple stages:
- Process your artworks, logos or designs in the correct format - vector artwork required
- Create your Screens
- Mix the inks to specific Pantone colours or best match
- Set up the Machines with your screens ready for printing
- Application process of applying the inks to the t-shirts and clothing
- Drying Process to cure the ink for long term quality and durability
Screen Printing is perfect for use on light and dark coloured T-Shirts, clothing and other textile materials. To produce high-quality prints on dark coloured garments we use an extra white layer which creates a screen and enhances the overall quality of the finished print. A standard screen is printed up to 35cm x 40cm (slightly bigger than A3). We can also make jumbo screens which go up to A2 sized prints if you need just ask us what you want while making a quote and we'll be able to cater for your needs.
Prices can start from as low as 15p per print for orders in excess of 10,000 prints, but price all depends on quantities and sizes of the printed designs.